Eurotherm's EPC3000 series of programmable process and temperature controllers offer fast acting precision control and their digital communications are certified for cybersecurity robustness. They combine industry-leading control and measurement performance with ease of use and the flexibility for a range of tasks.
The EPC family of models can be configured by a skilled person, using iTools PC software to perform a variety of advanced functions, with virtual soft-wiring and function blocks. This allows more functionality and flexibility than the more basic Eurotherm 3200 Series.
The Eurotherm EPC3000 series includes the Eurotherm EPC3016 (1/16 DIN size), Eurotherm EPC3008 (1/8 DIN vertical size), and Eurotherm EPC3004 (1/4 DIN size).Standard
- 1 PID control loop
- 1 Universal Process Input (Thermocouple, RTD, milliamps (external shunt), volts, millivolts)
- Change-over Relay output
- Highly visible, colour changing display (goes red when an alarm is active)
- Real text display with scrolling text messages to help to describe settings
- Bar graph and 3rd display on EPC3004 and EPC3008
- 2 PID sets available with gain scheduling function
- Fast input sample rate, 50-100ms (20-10Hz), depending on type
- Configuration by a 'Quick Code' with templates for common applications
- Suitable for use in Nadcap AMS2750 heat treatment applications (in conjunction with suitable calibration etc regime)
- 3 year warranty
features include (some are mutually exclusive):
- Programmer function with maximum of 20 programs of 8 steps or 10 programs of 24 steps.
- EPC3008 & EPC3004 : 1 additional Universal Process Input (Thermocouple, RTD, milliamps (external shunt), volts, millivolts)
- EPC3016 : 1 Auxillary / Remote Setpoint Input (4-20mA, 0-10V)
- Up to 3 additional outputs (EPC3016: 2 max): Logic, Relay, Analogue DC, Triac
- Up to 8 Digital Inputs
- Ethernet RJ45 port, for network connection to other devices or computers, Modbus TCP Slave, certified to Achilles® CRT Level 1.
- Digital Communication: RS232 Modbus RTU, RS485 Modbus RTU
- 6 additional PID sets available with gain scheduling function
- User function block wiring: maths, logic, totaliser, counter, multiplex, BCD converter, timer, user values/variables. (Requires configuration on a PC.)
- Second Process Input (EPC3008 or EPC3004 only) and Input switchover function upon sensor failure.
- Configuration by USB adaptor lead or over Ethernet connection with free iTools PC software.
The below video from Eurotherm, about acknowledging an alarm on the EPC3004, also shows off some of its features, such as colour changing display and scrolling text messages.(Note: This unit has the IP66 rated Washdown front bezel option.)